White Chicken Chili with a Twist
Being a wife and mom of 4 can make cooking difficult when I am working. The crockpot and instant pot have made cooking real meals possible! I highly recommend that you have one of these in your home. I use one or sometimes both of them on a daily basis.
Today I want to share with you a recipe that we love during the fall and winter months. One of my kiddos doesn’t do well with beans, but we love chili! So I decided to take our white chicken chili recipe and exchange the beans for potatoes. It was a huge hit and now one of our weekly meals in the fall time. I hope you enjoy!
- 4-5 lbs Organic Chicken Thighs
- 6-8 Organic small new potatoes diced (can replace with 2 cans of Norther beans/drained or bean of choice)
- 1 Jar of Trader Joe’s Salsa Verde (or 2 cans of green chiles)
- 1 Jalapeño chopped (with seeds or without to reduce spice)
- 1 Bunch of Cilantro leaves chopped
- 6 Garlic cloves chopped
- 1/4 c Purple Onion
- 1 TB Cumin
- 1 TB Mineral Salt (Real, Himalayan or Celtic)
- 1 Cup White Mountain Yogurt (omit if no dairy)
- 2 Cups Trader Joe’s Raw Milk Cheese grated (or omit if no dairy)
- Additional Salt, cumin and black pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients except the cheese in the crock pot on low for 6 hours.
- Once the chicken is done, shred the chicken while still in the crockpot and mix all ingredients until the consistency of chili.
- Add cheese and continue on warm setting until ready to serve. You can cook the chili longer than 6 hours on low. Just make sure to put the cheese in about an hour before you serve in order for it to be well melted.
- Mix again and add salt , black pepper and cumin to desired taste.
- Enjoy with fresh pico, salsa and avocado on top!
- This can be enjoyed with Northern Beans instead of potatoes and without cheese for those who are not able to eat dairy or potatoes.