Soma’s Perfect Golden Milk Latte
Everyone can benefit from Turmeric and so today I want to give you one of my favorite drinks for the holidays! You can drink this as is or use it as creamer in your coffee or tea.
It is a hit in our home and I am sure it will be high demand in yours too. Enjoy anytime of the day with friends or alone as you drink up a cup of health for your soul.
2 Cups dairy free milk (I use Califa Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk)
2 Cinnamon Sticks (3 inch size) (or 2 tsp ground cinnamon)
1/2 tsp Black Pepper Peppercorns (or 1/2 tsp ground black pepper)
2 inch Nob of Fresh Ginger peeled and grated (or 1 tsp ground ginger)
2 inch Piece of Turmeric Root peeled and grated (or 1 tsp ground turmeric)
1 tsp Ground Cardamon (I use this Maca boost powder instead)
1 scoop of Collagen Powder
2 TB Coconut oil or MCT oil
1 TB Kerry Gold Butter (or real organic butter)
1 Dropper of Trader Joe’s Organic Liquid Stevia (can add more to desired sweetness)
1 tsp vanilla extract or powder if milk is not already flavored with vanilla
- Bring all ingredients above in a small pan to boil.
- Reduce to low and simmer for up to 10 minutes
- Blend with green matcha tea, regular green tea or cold brew coffee for a delicious cup of latte!
- Double the recipe and let cool, then store in a glass mason jar to use as a creamer for the week or to reheat and serve as a snack.
- If you are not able to have nut milks, you can try hemp or flax milk or replace the milk with water and use in your favorite tea or coffee beverage.
- Top with sprinkled cinnamon and enjoy!