New Year’s Eve Party Menu Plus our Family’s New Year Goals
Today is New Year’s Eve! As my kids get older, we have shifted to doing things together as a family. This morning my oldest son came in and said, “It is the last day of the year, we need a hug all day.”
I love how my kids are starting to reflect on their year and also dream about the next year. I love the newness of a new year or new season!
Today we are going to be playing games, watch a movie, take a bike ride, talk about some goals for this year and eat our favorite foods! oh, and FIREWORKS! My husband took all 4 stewart littles to the firework stand and I think they were willing to sell the shirt off their backs to get as many fireworks as they could.
We are keeping our family goals simple, real and fun this year. 1. A hug at least twice a day 2. Pray for our friends and family more often. 3. Kids learn to cook! 4. Rest and play more 5. Dwell on what IS rather than on what IF. 6. Rebounding everyday!
So today and tonight we are going to celebrate this last year and look forward to the next! I asked our kids for all their favorite foods from this year and made up our menu for tonight. Below is the Stewart Little’s choice party menu. Click on highlighted titles to get full recipes.
What are your traditions? What are your favorite recipes? What are your goals this year?
New Year’s Eve Party Menu
2. Guacaomole and veggies- Setting this our over a big tray gets the kids to eat more veggies!
5. Mini Sausage in a blanket– If you are not grain free, you can use crescent rolls.
6. Seasonal Fruit– Our favorites are Mandarin Oranges and Pomegranate seeds. Mangos and sliced Fuji Apples are also a favorite.
7. Homemade Izzies- We combine equal parts of Lemon Juice and filtered water, 1 dropper of stevia plus 1 Grapefruit flavored La Croix. Add more stevia for desired sweetness.
10. Peppermint Chocolate Fudge – We use Peppermint Essential oil to flavor (only one drop)
In the morning we will be enjoying our Christmas Breakfast Cake because we were traveling Christmas day this year. Happy New Year form our home to yours!
Thinking about having a health coach help you with goals this year? Click here to set up a free health consolation and hear about my new year’s special price for January sign ups!