Ground Beef Vegetable Bone Broth Soup
If you are looking for a hearty soup with packed nutrients, try this simple soup. If you enjoy beef and potatoes, this is a great alternative with the same impact! You can also use other vegetables in this soup like carrots, broccoli or peas. If you don’t normally have bone broth on hand, check out this bone broth that can be purchased in smaller health food stores.
2 lbs Grass-fed Organic Ground Beef
1/2 Small Purple Onion
2 Cups (or more if desired) Butternut Squash
4-6 Garlic Cloves
2 Cans Organic Diced Tomatoes
1/2 Cup Coconut Cream
4 Cups Beef Bone Broth
Fresh Kale for garnish (1/4 cup per bowl)
- Fully cook beef along with purple onion. Salt and pepper to taste and set aside
- Saute butternut squash and sliced leek in olive oil until desired tenderness, salt and pepper to taste and set aside
- In a blender, blend garlic, tomatoes and coconut cream. Salt and pepper to desired taste
- Combine bone broth, tomato mixture, beef and squash in one large pot and bring to a boil
- Serve garnished with fresh kale, salt and pepper to taste
Note: This soup makes soup for 8-10 people and is great to eat for breakfast lunch and dinner. You can also freeze this soup in glass containers to use at a later time. You can replace the squash with sweet potatoes and the kale can be omitted. This is great with a side of sprouted corn flour corn bread.