Frozen Chocolate Banana Pops (Your Whole Family Will Love)
My kids and I were introduced to homemade frozen banana pops at their “Aunt-T’s” house. The pops have become a new favorite in our home and a sweet treat alternative. Whether you have allergies, are avoiding processed sugar or simply need a healthy new idea for dessert, these are worth a try!
This recipe won’t take much preparation, but will take planning. Both the icing and the pops need time to freeze and set, so throw this together before heading to bed or before you head out the door.
My kids enjoy these for breakfast, snacks or after dinner treats and I tell them they can eat as many as they like and ice with as much icing as they desire. Surprisingly, they haven’t eaten more than 2 of them. Hope you all enjoy this healthy treat for your home!
Frozen Chocolate Banana Pops
4-6 Ripe Bananas
- Half each banana and place a popsicle stick at the base of it
- Place on a plate and freeze for 6-8 hours
- Take a butter knife and place fudge icing (see recipe below) all over the frozen banana pop
- Eat the delicious treat with joy!
- Eat as much as you desire!
Dark Chocolate Fudge Icing
1 Cup Boiling Water
1 tsp coconut Oil
1/3 Cup Cacao Powder
1/2 Cup Dried, Pitted Dates
1 Cup Dairy Free Chocolate Chips
1 TB Maple Syrup (Can add more for desired sweetness)
Dash of Salt
1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a blender, place the boiling water, cacao powder , coconut oil and chocolate chips together and blend well on pulse setting
- Add the dates and pulse until completely smooth
- Add the maple, salt and vanilla and blend again until completely smooth
- Place in the fridge for 3 hours or Freezer for 30 mins (depending on how long it is chilled, you may need it to set for a few minutes before it is spreadable)
This icing is also great on Chocolate Cupcakes