Frankincense Oil- 3 Things To Know
Frankincense essential oil has been one of our favorite oils to use in our home! It supports the brain as well as the nervous system. It has supported the immune system and cellular health in our home for 4 years now! Here are 3 things to know about this ancient oil.
1. Understand what Frankincense Oil is
Renowned as one of the most prized and precious essential oils, Frankincense has extraordinary internal and external health benefits. In addition to its notoriety in the New Testament, the Babylonians and Assyrians would burn Frankincense in religious ceremonies and the ancient Egyptians used Frankincense resin for everything from perfume to salves for soothing skin.
This centuries-old knowledge contributes to the modern uses of Frankincense today. It’s soothing and beautifying properties are used to rejuvenate skin and reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks.
As the king of oils, Frankincense is known to promote cellular health and immunity and can be consumed daily for these internal benefits. It also promotes a healthy inflammatory response and acts as an overall tonic to the body’s systems, helping them function optimally. When inhaled or diffused, Frankincense induces feelings of peace, relaxation, satisfaction, and overall wellness.
2. How to use Frankincense Oil
- Rub Frankincense on your hands after a long day of gardening or working to promote a normal inflammatory response.
- Can help promote youthful, radiant–looking skin and slow the signs of aging by reducing the appearance of skin imperfections.
- Can be applied to the bottoms of feet to relax and balance mood swings.
- Dry weather can take a toll on your nails. Try applying a drop of Frankincense to strengthen weak fingernails.
- Apply to the back of the neck to help support the brain functions and clearly focus
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
3. Beware of a few things
- Possible skin sensitivity.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician.
- Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
Want to know more about Frankincense Oil or where to best purchase it? CLICK HERE and I am happy to help! Also Subscribe to my blog so that you can get Fall Updates for Essential Oil classes! Go here to get a few questions answered on essential oils!